homestead - Re: [Homestead] was music, now farming, agricultural, other misc.

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was music, now farming, agricultural, other misc.
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 10:03:09 -0700 (PDT)

I thought I could just take a big barrel of mixed seeds and sow them into the
wild.? Seriously, Lynn, your point is well taken. An already existing
area of the proper type of soil upon which to grow a garden has always been
one of my requirements.

Live water is a strong desire. If I can pick from one or the other, why not
go with my desire. By the way, throughout the southeast (not just the west)
people's wells have been going dry, for the first time anyone can remeber,
and crops have withered ..

***Note * I am adding a link to a 12 minute audio/video by Jim Rogers. He is
one of the world's great investors. But, the reason I'm linking is becasue
of him talking about the economic stupidity and immorality of the new bailout
pland,

And, he talks in great deal about agricultural commodities in the future, and
how it will be farmers , instead of investment bankers, driving maseratis in
the future.

He talks about how people should choose farming, rather than law or banking
as carreers. Rogers is originally a small town Alabama boy, who co-founded
with Soros, Quantum.

He and Soros are completely different ideologically and philosophically.
Anyway, it is a short audio/video, and I looked for a transcript for bev or
anyone else with slow connection, but could not find one.......bobf

http://www.bloomberg.com/avp/avp.htm?N=adviser&T=Jim%20Rogers%20Sees%20Higher%20Returns%20in%20Agriculture%20Than%20Gold&clipSRC=mms://media2.bloomberg.com/cache/vZxWkZj_78EQ.asf