homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead partners

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead partners
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 08:47:34 -0800

DH and I had an agreement and a 10 year plan. We'd live where I absolutely love (the coast) and buy a house that would ideally grow the equity to buy land. Then we'd buy the land and move a tad more inland. He HATES any kind of cold. I absolutely HATE the heat.

So, we bought the house. We tripled the buying price. Sold the house but then couldn't buy where we wanted to because of the dweebs from LaLaLand and Silicon Valley who had sold their McMansions for ridiculous prices and started bidding wars on land.

Now we have the land. We have the heat he wanted and I did NOT, but we have the land.

The city boy (from Mass) is happy with the heat AND the land has become contagious. If we go to the "big" city or even the small city (Eureka), he gets buggy and can't wait to get back to peace and quiet!

I guess you have to find someone who isn't ridgid. He got what he wanted and has come to love what I wanted. In fact, he's become the original scrounger. He gets livid now when he sees people wasting things that he could find uses for <g> Last time we made the quarterly haul to the dump, he came out fuming! Someone had dumped a bunch of odd size 2x4s. The local dump won't allow you to remove anything and I'm surprised he didn't crack a tooth he was gritting his teeth so hard <g>

Lynda