homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ford Diesel Makes Steam. UH - OH !!!

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ford Diesel Makes Steam. UH - OH !!!
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 19:09:15 -0700

"Steam" out the tail pipe sounds normal for most cars on a cold morning, normal for cars in MN all day when it's really cold. It's been a long time since I had a diesel, but when a regular gas engine had a coolant burning problem it looked like the smoke screen the destroyers put out in the WWII movies. A massive cloud of white smoke, that time it was the head gasket.
Sorry I can't help more...

Rob
becida AT comcast.net