homestead - Re: [Homestead] Solo building methods

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: bartermn AT epix.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Solo building methods
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 19:21:03 -0800 (PST)

I am working on moving a house but I guess that isn't
a one man project. So far is turning out to be
economical as the house would have been torn down. We
will have a 1000 sq ft house livable for about 30000.
And attic will have 4' knee walls so living area be
doubled by finishing second floor. footings go down
8' so can excavate and pour floor to have basement.
Actually almost all the work has been done by one man.
The Amish around here have an outstanding reputation.
Van Dell