baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 08:44:25 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:23:30 -0500 (CDT)
James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net> wrote:

> My attempts
> at installing Win98 under BL3 qemu were not entirely successful so far.
> But then I've been running BL3 inside qemu, and have been trying to run
> qemu within it. I think I'll need to try this with a BL3 install on real
> hardware to find out where the problem lies and to maybe meet with
> success.

If there is a way to boot BL3, raise qemu and run Win9x on it, then this
may be what I have been looking for.

I am still looking for a way to use my flat-bed scanner that only responds
to it own Win9x software. I have that software, and tried to install it under
wine (in SW9.1) but it didn't work.

I haven't been paying much attention to the discussion about qemu up till
now, but the quoted paragraph above certainly got my attention.

I see that qemu for Linux is only available as source code. Is there
enough in BL3.4 to compile it (after adding the extra 9.0 libraries mention
in Steven's "library" page, or does it need more ?

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke