baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:27:40 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, David Moberg wrote:

If you make a hard disk image with dd (large enough to install Windows
98 to), and you have the Windows 98 CD in a CD-ROM drive, you can use
something like this:

------------------------------------
qemu -cdrom /dev/hdc -hda DISK_IMAGE -boot d
------------------------------------

I used qemu's image making command to make HD images, which seems easier. Issue

------------------------------
qemu-img create Win9x.img 500M

for a 500MB qemu disk image. The place I use dd was to copy an image of the Win98 install CD, like so

dd if=/dev/hdc of=win98.iso

Then, I ran qemu, specifying the Win9x.img file as the first hard drive and the win98.iso file as the CDROM, like so

qemu -boot d -cdrom win98.iso -hda Win9x.img

An alternate method of skinning the cat (or potato, if you're a vegetarian :) ).

James