baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:45:03 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 t.maiden AT att.net wrote:

Please don't think I am unhappy with your efforts at making that BL 3.4 image. Its great and the next thing I may try is installing some of the optional packages into that extra 100 meg of disk space. Is there a package for Firefox and/or Opera? I just like to experiment and try

Get Opera from www.opera.com. 7.23 worked for me everywhere but would not always install with install.sh after unpacking on / in which case run it from the directory it unpacks into with the opera script /opera*/opera.

Get the tgz or tar.gz package for glibc 2.2.5 (Slackware 8.1), static for qt - you may need to get the Debian package - and also install the 2.2.5 files that it needs from my site: http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/operalib.tgz. Also install Steven's icewm.tgz, which makes opera work better and also contains some needed libraries.

Opera 8.54 also needs libz from SW8.1 and does not work on all our computers. I have not tried 9.

Search old postings from this winter or spring for more details on Opera. Sindi