baslinux - [BL] BL 3.4 DOS version with BZIMAGE in QEMU

  • From: t.maiden AT att.net
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] BL 3.4 DOS version with BZIMAGE in QEMU
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:56:09 +0000

I downloaded the files, renamed BZIMAGE to ZIMAGE, moved fs.img and ZIMAGE to
the folder with the QEMU 0.8.0 datasets. Modified the .bat file to take in
fs.img as the harddisk image and specified the (newly renamed) ZIMAGE as the
-kernel. Tried to execute the .bat but got a "kernel panic : VFS : Unable to
mount root FS on 03:03". There are lots of of other error messages I have
never seen before like "FAT bread failed" and "attempt to access beyond end
of device 03:03".

To get the QEMU 0.8.0 files I have been testing with, go to
http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~qemu-win/
and look for a link like this qemu-0.8.0-windows-2.zip.

A binary package that includes a small linux from QEMU linux-test package.

This is all setup to boot a small linux setup to run benchmarks on win32 and
64-bit PCs running windows. Edit the ,bat to load and run BL or other linux
implementations or OS's.