baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image

  • From: t.maiden AT att.net
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 02:45:06 +0000

Please don't think I am unhappy with your efforts at making that BL 3.4
image. Its great and the next thing I may try is installing some of the
optional packages into that extra 100 meg of disk space. Is there a package
for Firefox and/or Opera? I just like to experiment and try different things
with QEMU. I only just managed to figure out how to run a Live Linux CD from
my CD/ROM drive in QEMU. It still has to be a minimalist implementation to
work well. I tried the Mandrake Move CD and it hung! Too big. Anything
using KDE or Gnome is not a good candidate for running in QEMU. As for the
-Kernel param I have seen that specified when booting KNOPPIX type images
where I believe the kernel isn't in the main image (usually named KNOPPIX in
a subfolder named KNOPPIX). I suspect there is something different about
KNOPPIX type implementations.