baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image

  • From: t.maiden AT att.net
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 04:31:14 +0000

I downloaded the DOS version of BL 3.4.  Using a slightly altered version of the .bat file provided on the QEMU Windows site, it kept saying this was not a bootable image.  I then tried this:

qemu -kernel zimage -append "root=/dev/hda rw" -hda fs.img

but it couldn't find the bios.bin and vgabios.bin so I modified it like this

qemu -L . -m 128 -kernel zimage -append "root=/dev/hda rw" -hda fs.img

but this now hangs the computer, I can't stop the program and had to do a reset.  I accidently started it again so after I send this email I will have to do another reset.  I will look at all this as a experiment that didn't come out the way I wanted.  Maybe I can get BL to boot off the floppies in QEMU but as I can't make the floppies on my PC that will have to wait...

-------------- Original message from "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>: --------------