baslinux - Re: [BL] Upgrading BL3

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Upgrading BL3
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:41:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

I just looked at this site. You can also run FreeDOS under qemu. Can you
check whether WP5.1/DOS works properly under qemu in BL3? (It worked very
badly under dosemu). I can send you a copy of the minimal files needed, a
few 100 K I think. Do the Alt keys work correctly, or do they switch
terminals instead?

Send it along and I'll test it out. Do I use FreeDOS, or real DOS? I expect WP to work much better under DOS installed to a qemu image than with DOSemu, since the latter involves emulated hardware.

Do I understand correctly that you got BL3.40 running under qemu and David
got qemu running under BL3 (with several added libraries from SW9.1)?

Yep, that's pretty much it. Except that I got qemu running under BL3 too, as did Steven. I used Slack 9.0 libraries, though, since I understood directions stipulated that.

James