baslinux - Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 18:43:58 +0000 (UTC)

I will include a script to make it for you, since the device is useless
without the symlink to /dev/mouse.

(from David Moberg)

Your script that you posted earlier, where [ ] is my comments not to
include in the script:

insmod usbcore
insmod usb-uhci [or ohci]
insmod hid [these are now loaded at boot time]
insmod usbmouse [is this already loaded at boot time?]
insmod mousedev [from your modules directory]
mkdir /dev/input
mknod c 13 32 /dev/input/mouse0
[I think it has to be mknod /dev/input/mouse0 c 13 32, reverse order]
ln -sf /dev/input/mouse0 /dev/mouse

save as mouse-on (on a second floppy, containing modules)
chmod +x mouse-on.

WIth the usb boot floppy, a Mac USB keyboard worked properly. A Mac and a Microsoft usb mouse were recognized at boot time. I did allof the above and also edited libvga.config
mdev /dev/input/mouse0

I tried mouse Microsoft, PS2, Logitech (that is what the Mac mouse said it was), IMPS2, and no mouse cursor appeared.

Do I also need usbmouse.o?

I was able to get a PS/2 mouse working with zgv (made a symlink and edited libvga.config to mouse PS2).

A USB printer (once it was turned on) was recognized as usblp0 I made a
/dev/usblp0 (guessed at the major and minor numbers) and insmoded printer.o and lp.o - lp could not find any devices. I could not cat a text file to /dev/usblp0 - said there was no such device.

Where did I go wrong?

I downloaded uhci.exe and ohci.exe for DOS usb mouse support. The DOS usb storage driver worked with a memory stick. Do I run ohci.exe in autoexec.bat or put it into config.sys as a device, as instructed at one website?