baslinux - Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 03:39:24 +0000 (UTC)

I doubt any USB computers have plain VGA video,

I doubt that any 586+ PCs do not have a VGA-compatible card.

I will try the Matrox card as plain VGA and report back soon.

Matrox works (surprisingly well) as plain VGA.
It works even better as chipset VESA.

The problem occurs when you don't specify the chipset at all - broken vertical grey, white, and blue stripey effect.

I think I also just got a blank screen with a couple of other cards when VESA was not specified - but maybe we did not wait long enough. VESA can take at least 5 seconds to display.

chipset FBdev does not work with Matrox or Trio3d - mmap error rrr
Maybe you did not compile it to work with fb and should omit that line.

The Trio3D works as S3, or VESA.

I think VESA did not work with S3 cards in SW71, but it seems to work now.

It would only take a few bytes if I listed the other chipsets in
space-delimited form. And I can only access VESA modes with
chipset VESA.
Skip FBdev.

Works with this ATI card. Special modelines?? I have not encountered
any of that.
There is a file explaining how to change the modelines. I have not tried
this yet. ATI Mach32 and 64 need different modelines, says the README.

There seem to be other ATI cards in the list too.