baslinux - Re: [BL] Sleeping forever

  • From: Ian <info AT freedomnet.org.uk>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Sleeping forever
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 9:51:33 +0000 (GMT)

> http: //lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/baslinux/2004-November/005832.html
>
> You need rw not ro in lilo.conf

Yes, thanks Sindi, that does it.

> Or google search on BL3 and 'sleeping forever'. I use google to find
> answers to questions I asked earlier about BL.

Good thinking but perhaps there should be more in the BL3 readme
about this also about "install-to-hd". Everyone who does this is
going to hit similar problems.

> Lots of us have had this same problem.

Including recently myself (duh). It is rather non-standard
behavior by BL3 though. Lilo is set to load Slackware ro.
The stated reason is so the file can be ckecked. SW
presumably changes to rw after its done this.

Is this because BL3 uses Busybox?