baslinux - Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 01:39:44 +0000 (UTC)

I just tried this and it worked:

insmod mousedev
mkdir /dev/input
mknod /dev/input/mouse0 c 13 32
ln -sf /dev/input/mouse0 /dev/mouse
edit /etc/vga/libvga.config (I changed mouse to IMPS2, since I have a
wheel mouse)
zgv -M

I forgot the -M :=(

But I left the two disks with my friend and will let him know.
We tried one Mac mouse (PS2?) and one Microsoft wheel mouse (IMPS2).
Will PS2 work for both? If so, please make that the default instead of mouse microsoft.

Unless someone else wants to actually use a mouse with zgv, I would like to have the single-floppy USB boot disk set up by default to look for a USB PS2 mouse, with the /dev/input/mouse0 already included, and a symlink to /dev/mouse, and PS2 as the default in libvga.config. Or at least include the module in the boot disk and a script to use it and modify libvga.config (with echo, to add mouse PS2 and mdev at the end).

A USB printer (once it was turned on) was recognized as usblp0 I made a
/dev/usblp0 (guessed at the major and minor numbers)

Character, major 180, minor 0.

and insmoded printer.o and lp.o - lp could not find any devices.

lp is for parallel printers only.
There were none of these plugged in.

I could not cat a
text file to /dev/usblp0 - said there was no such device.

Where did I go wrong?

Check the major/minor number.

I thought the major/minor number just had to be different from all others so I added 1 to the minor number for mouse0. Guess I was wrong.

Monday, also zgv -M.

My friend is telling everyone he can now use his flash memory with one floppy disk.

We got nowhere slowly trying to use usb mouse in DOS with ohci.exe.

How do you plan to allow us to enter vendor/product id for mass storage devices that are out of the normal range, by editing the disk after booting to learn the ids?