baslinux - Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 16:37:08 +0000 (UTC)

6) mouse (into the other USB port on the computer) - found it but I
think
we need more modules. I tried insmodding mousedev.o from your modules.

You also need to mknod (I posted about this earlier).

I will look that up. Do you want to include that device in the next
edition?

I will include a script to make it for you, since the device is useless
without the symlink to /dev/mouse.

(from David Moberg)

Your script that you posted earlier, where [ ] is my comments not to include in the script:

insmod usbcore
insmod usb-uhci [or ohci]
insmod hid [these are now loaded at boot time]
insmod usbmouse [is this already loaded at boot time?]
insmod mousedev [from your modules directory]
mkdir /dev/input
mknod c 13 32 /dev/input/mouse0
[I think it has to be mknod /dev/input/mouse0 c 13 32, reverse order]
ln -sf /dev/input/mouse0 /dev/mouse

save as mouse-on (on a second floppy, containing modules)
chmod +x mouse-on.

I want to make a version of this boot disk which would be used primarily to test usb mice and keyboards. How do I make the above changes permanent? There is no need to use the disk with non-usb mice.

If you include a way to enter vend and prod id, it can also be used to test usb storage devices and we will experiment with printer.o once I find those instructions again.

I think I had to make a /dev/usblp0 (I need to figure out the numbers to use after mknod /dev/usblp0 c), insmod printer.o, and cat text or PCL files to this new device.