baslinux - Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 01:42:25 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, David Moberg wrote:

On 12/10/05, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

I want to make a version of this boot disk which would be used primarily
to test usb mice and keyboards. How do I make the above changes
permanent? There is no need to use the disk with non-usb mice.

mount /dev/fd0 (or -o loop 1440.img)
copy initrd.gz to hard drive
gunzip initrd.gz
mount -o loop initrd.gz
make changes (add those lines to rc??)
umount
gzip initrd.gz
copy back to floppy or image file

You might run out of space if you add too many modules.

My friend is not planning to test anything on a computer with scsi drives so I can replace those two modules in initrd.gz. Thanks. I will try to get usb printer working first.

David