baslinux - Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 14:07:02 -0800

On 11/17/05, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, David Moberg wrote:
>
> > chipset VGA
>
> Newzgv will work where the original zgv did not?

Probably.

> Why?

Because the original zgv is statically compiled. (right?)

> Would it work in BL2 only if we installed libc5?

Yes, and also libvga and libvgagl for libc5, from either
BL1 or svgalib.org. You need to remove libvga* if you
already have glibc versions there.

> Would this give you only 16 colors?

Yes, but zgv is very good at dithering photos down to
16 colors.

> I put
> chipset VESA
> in the config file for chips like SiS, Tseng, Trident and Matrox.

I tried that with the svgalib.org one, but it gave an error message
which I did not copy down.

David