baslinux - Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:20:10 +0000 (UTC)

I just downloaded the latest 2.2.26 kernel for BL3 and tried it in BL3 and BL2. Unlike David's 2.4.31 kernel, it does work with Xvesa. (I could not test on this video card with plain X). And it did not crash VGA on exit, which Xvesa frequently but not always does with 2.2.16.

zgv still does not work: mmap error in paged screen memory.

Since I have no USB devices that will work with 2.2.26, I will stick with 2.2.16 until someone can figure out the zgv (svgalib) problem with 2.2.26.
Maybe the libvga and libvgagl from SW91 will fix svgalib in BL2, but zgv for BL3 is statically compiled and would need to be replaced. I could try using the static zgv with SW91 (live CD). Maybe the later kernel simply dropped support for svgalib? I also could not get lynx to compile for it.

One could skip svgalib and use xli and links -g under X, which does work with 2.2.26.