baslinux - Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 14:18:40 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, David Moberg wrote:

On 11/17/05, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, David Moberg wrote:

chipset VGA

Newzgv will work where the original zgv did not?

Probably.

Why?

Because the original zgv is statically compiled. (right?)

But the zgv from Delilinux that I am using in BL2 is not statically compiled, and it is not working, nor are any svgalib programs.
You said the static zgv uses older code that won't work with the newer kernels. (It works with 2.2.16 but not 2.2.26, and even has problems in 2.2.16 with some post-1995 graphics cards).

I just found newzgv-4.2.bin.tar.gz, 1998, probably libc5.

Would it work in BL2 only if we installed libc5?

Yes, and also libvga and libvgagl for libc5, from either
BL1 or svgalib.org. You need to remove libvga* if you
already have glibc versions there.

No point to this if I need something that will work with your latest kernel. I will upgrade to SW81 svgalib and report back how it works with 2.2.26 and 2.4.31.

Would this give you only 16 colors?

Yes, but zgv is very good at dithering photos down to
16 colors.
I will try it some time that way.

I put
chipset VESA
in the config file for chips like SiS, Tseng, Trident and Matrox.

I tried that with the svgalib.org one, but it gave an error message
which I did not copy down.

David