baslinux - Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 04:16:53 +0000 (UTC)

I just got David Moberg's new usb storage kernel to boot and view a list of jpgs in my USB camera, but then was unable to view them:

zgv:

svgalib: zgv - mmap error in paged screen memory.

Then I tried Xvesa: can't establish listening socket.

Same thing with plain X and xinit.

So I soft rebooted with my usual BL2 kernel, which found hdd (IDE zip)
prefectly (the 2.4.31 kernel must not support that) and zgv put abstract
art on the screen, on all four terminals. I did not get a chance to try
Xvesa. I rebooted blind and then powered off and on again.

Now Xvesa and zgv are working again with the BL2 2.2.16 kernel.

Could someone else check this out? Maybe with and without USB storage
device plugged in. Does it matter if USB is disabled in BIOS? uhci vs
ohci?

Sindi

I just booted with this kernel on a different computer that has no USB ports and has onchip USB disabled. Same problem - zgv and Xvesa error messages. (On this computer I could not check plain X with xinit because plain X won't work with the Tseng video card here).

When I booted, on both computers, a lot of memory register stuff went by at the beginning of dmesg.

David, did you compile not to support graphics, or is this just some bug?

Not a big problem, just curious.

Thanks very much for the USB storage kernel.