baslinux - Re: [BL] X problem (as usual)

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X problem (as usual)
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 08:02:51 +1200

mikkel Meinike-Nielsen wrote:

> i might just start all over agan repartition my hd.
> But I can't see how I should do after fdisk.
> First install to loop

Two options:
(1) boot BL3 from floppy and install from there -or-
(2) create a DOS partition, boot from C:/BASLIN and install from there

> then boot and then type 'install' to make the install on its own
> partition is it right?

It doesn't matter whether you use method (1) or (2) above.
The installation procedure is the same:
Use Linux fdisk to create a "Linux native" partition
Use mke2fs to put a filesystem on that partition
Mount that partition at /hd
Execute: install-to-hd

> And then should I make a swap partition or does BL do without?

It depends on how much RAM you have. IIRC you have 256mb.
With that much RAM, no swap is needed.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru