baslinux - Re: [BL] Newbie needed helps on BL3 checklist.

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Newbie needed helps on BL3 checklist.
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 21:55:42 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Can Le wrote:

Thank Sindi and Steven,

I will try Slakware 4.0 with a check list!

I was be able to install Susie Linux 9.0 into a laptop and a desktop for with CGI Perl and internet.

However, I have had problem with Susie once and only when I run Linux around campus when I took Unix course, because Linux run OK with CGI at home on my localhost, but It printed out the same text from a perl program for output, when I run it at school, it didn't print Hello World, as it should be at home!

Do you have all the required libraries for CGI and Perl on the school computer?

Now I am having the same problem at home: output printout=input file with BL3 and a test program in Perl!

Please tell us exactly what you did and what happened, in chronological order. I think you are saying that you tried to run a program that should print 'Hello World' and it printed the program text instead.

Did you install perl from Slackware 4.0 in BL3 before you tried to run a Perl program? Does Perl need any additional library dependencies? Maybe the Perl at school was dynamically compiled and needs more libraries, and the one that worked at home does not need other libraries (or you have them already).

Please tell me that the old error was caused by:
1. param name or
2. my $name in the global and local variable problems, and
3. "Content-type \n\n" problem ?

I showed your email to my friend who took a C programming course. He only had a short introduction to Perl.

Thank you all,

Can

sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
To use perl, you will need to add the perl package from
Slackware 4.0.