baslinux - Re: [BL] Newbie needed helps on BL3 checklist.

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Newbie needed helps on BL3 checklist.
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 16:04:58 -0700

On 9/6/05, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> Is it possible to resize an XP partition (like you can do with Partition
> Magic or Partition Resizer in DOS) to make some free space for a linux
> partition?

Yes. I think the Partition Magic and similar resizers can resize it. You
can always just delete the partition and make new ones in its place,
but if you want to keep your files, you can use the linux-based
ntfsresize tool. I don't know if it will work in BL. In any case, it is
recommended that you back up any data before you attempt to
adjust partitions.