baslinux - Re: [BL] X problem (as usual)

  • From: "mikkel Meinike-Nielsen" <mimeini AT linuxmail.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X problem (as usual)
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 16:32:34 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 21:25:42 +0000 (UTC)

> Yes, David Moberg compiled it for BL3 (and it works in BL2 if you add
> libc6). http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/blfiles.htm described what you
> need. I made one base package (netpbmbl.tgz ?) and two others, one for
> BL2 and one for BL3. Download the one with a 3 in it. And also
> netpbm.doc and a readme file with instructions and suggested scripts that
> the author of netpbm helped me to write. The files are in ..../bl (and I
> did not link to blfiles.htm, sorry). There is also a newer tifftopnm
> (statically compiled) that does multipage tiffs, in the same place.
>
> I posted some other useful programs for BL3 (and BL2) that other people
> helped me to compile - ghostscript 8.50 and lynx 2.8.5.1 and others.

All very nice thanks.
I have some more questions to this. I would like to have support for "sound
to pc-speaker" is that supported by the
SOUND KERNELS FOR BL?
I think it could be relevant for other older laptop without sound card i
found a doc about compiling the kernel with this support on.

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue69/mathew.html
>awesfx-glibc225.tgz - A set of utilities including sfxload and one sound
>bank. >sfxload synthgm.sbk to load a sample sound bank, then play midis.
>This is >version 0.4.4 without ALSA support.
Does this mien that it is possible to have a small medi assembler without
ALSA? (This question is for my brother. I sort we had to compile the kernel
of his Vectorlinux (vectorlinux kernel has bind cleaned) to install ALSA in
order to get a midi assembler. ((I really don't know what a midi assembler is
but my brother is making music and need something that can do a bit of what
cubase can du)).

/Mikkel