baslinux - Re: [BL] X problem (as usual)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X problem (as usual)
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 13:25:52 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, mikkel Meinike-Nielsen wrote:

Hi I just wont to thanks for all the good replays and put a little more
questions.

DOS emu I have tryed in debian. my experience is that it take up a lot of space and as I sad BL is a fast booter.

Is it possible to grow the loop file if I wont a compiler or some other "bigger" apps?

I searched with google/linux for BL3 and loop and 50MB and got:

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/baslinux/2005-April/007349.html

This describes how I followed someone's instructions to make a 50BM loop file ,which I used to replace the original 20MB file after copying BL3 to it. (I put my file onto a zip disk, not the hard disk). It is a little complicated. If you have a free partition you can make it into an ext2 partition, by using BL3 fdisk, and install BL3 to it instead.

I think 100MB should be large enough for compiler files and source code.
I have successfully compiled with the files from SW3.2 (in an earlier version of BL).

Thank agan fore the links and libs info and all that.

/Mikkel