baslinux - [BL] mac

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] mac
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 01:29:29 +0000 (UTC)

We cannot find a way to transfer files between our DOS-BL3 laptop computer and a macintosh computer (with a french keyboard - it must have a cap locsk key somewhere).

There is one Mac computer with a floppy drive but our laptop floppy drive is broken. We plugged the parallel port zip drive into what looks like a parallel port but it kept the mac from booting. There is no serial port.

The other computer has an ethernet connection to a dsl line. We have a 10MBit pcmcia ethernet card that works. Can we connect somehow to the Macintosh and if so how.

We have serial and parallel transfer cables, and pcmcia CF adaptor, but those are useless with a mac. We have a USB camera but not a usb cable for it. Do macs have usb ports. our other camera has a usb cable but wont work with this particular CF card, but we could transfer the files to a different card and then plug in the other USB camera - do Macs automatically find USB cameras. We did not, of course, bring the CD because we are all set up to communicate with ANY pc computer via serial or parallel cable, parport CF adaptor, pcmcia CF reader, or parport zip drive, using a DOS or linux boot disk.

Our floppy drive is broken.