baslinux - Re: [BL] Reflections on the Switch-off problem.

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: rvijay07 <rvijay07 AT myway.com>
  • Cc: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Reflections on the Switch-off problem.
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 23:59:38 +0000 (UTC)

Yes, this is a desktop. There are quite a few older hard drives offered on the local Freecycle lists. However, I just prefer to use this old PC to go online and surf using RAM, that is all. No networking. The way the PC prices are falling, perhaps there may not be space for used hardware soon. The good thing is that IT recycling is being discussed more on the net.

Do you have any other modems you could use instead of this one? There should be a lot of free 28.8 or 33K ones around now, and most of the sites I go to, you can't tell the difference between that and 56K.

The newer version of links will access more sites but requires a hard drive.

The old hard drive I had crashed and nothing would help. I opened it up, soaked it in water for three days and then threw it in garbage.

Why not put it in your recycling bin as metal?

Vijay

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.