baslinux - Re: [BL] Reflections on the Switch-off problem.

  • From: "rvijay07" <rvijay07 AT myway.com>
  • To: keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org
  • Cc: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Reflections on the Switch-off problem.
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:56:41 -0500 (EST)

From: sindi keesan [mailto: keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org]
To: rvijay07 AT myway.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
>Is this a laptop computer? If it is a desktop computer you could replace
>(ribbon) cable with the red stripe nearest <br>the power connector. Often
>the drives and cables are keyed.<br><br>Are you planning to use your two
>computers in a network with DSL? Or use <br>the older one as a dumb
>terminal (X-server)? I don't think you would need <br>to dial with it as

Thanks for the response. I tried using the 0 init1 alth0 as well turning the
0 chat line off using the #. Both don't work. ppp-on still hangs sometimes. I
still have to reboot but that is OK.

Yes, this is a desktop. There are quite a few older hard drives offered on
the local Freecycle lists. However, I just prefer to use this old PC to go
online and surf using RAM, that is all. No networking. The way the PC prices
are falling, perhaps there may not be space for used hardware soon. The good
thing is that IT recycling is being discussed more on the net.

The old hard drive I had crashed and nothing would help. I opened it up,
soaked it in water for three days and then threw it in garbage.

Vijay

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.