baslinux - [BL] Promoting/Using and Selling Basic Linux.

  • From: "rvijay07" <rvijay07 AT myway.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Promoting/Using and Selling Basic Linux.
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 17:10:51 -0500 (EST)

Promoting/Using and Selling Basic Linux.

Promoting Basic Linux.
I wanted to start this very important topic for this list. I am just a small,
simple person. Whenever I get a chance, I speak about Linux and the
advantages it offers. In this regard, I will mention BL whenever the
opportunity arises.

Applying/Using/Recycling
BL specially with its networking capabilities offers chance to recycle older
hardware, run a server etc., Success stories/tips in this regard can be
discussed and perhaps even a list made of them.

Selling Basic Linux
With more and more older hardware, there maybe a chance for the need for
expertise for maintaining a network of Basic Linux etc., Discussions/comments
in this regard will help everyone here I feel.
(In the US I saw on cnetnews.com there is a recent law with Tax Credit for
recycling older hardware. It was something like $8 for each piece of hardware
recycled if I recall correct. So this maybe an incentive for some to recycle.)

May this thread benefit everyone.

Warm Regards,

Vijay

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.

  • [BL] Promoting/Using and Selling Basic Linux., rvijay07, 03/07/2005