baslinux - [BL] Reflections on the Switch-off problem.

  • From: "rvijay07" <rvijay07 AT myway.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Reflections on the Switch-off problem.
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 22:36:52 -0500 (EST)

The ppp-on hanging I experienced is due to the NOT Switching-off problem
caused by a probable conflict at the COM2 port. So I had to switch-off
everytime to reset the hardware.

How come this problem doesn't occur with other Distros on the same PC ? I
have used FreeBSD, DamnSmallLinux, Debian, Knoppix, Knoppix hd install etc.,
on this same PC. None have posed the problems like this one.

Moreover, if there are such challenges with Basic Linux, makes me wonder what
other similar MINOR but critical challenges/issues are there or can be
encountered in the future with BL ?

Vijay

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.