baslinux - Re: [BL] Reflections on the Switch-off problem.

  • From: "Alejandro Lieber" <dos AT lieber.com.ar>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Reflections on the Switch-off problem.
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 22:57:37

With a 56K modem, I get at least 11000 cps downloading my mail with
PMail in Basic Linux 3.

Remember that 56K has also compresion.

Alejandro.

On 9 Mar 05 at 16:26, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> sindi keesan wrote:
> >
> > Do you run across many sites that you can really
> > access faster with 56K than 33K?
>
> Yes. On good sites my downloads are 1/3 faster.
>
> > I don't think I am actually connecting at the
> > full 56K,
>
> It depends on how good the wire is from your phone
> to your local exchange. I regularly get 51K connects.
> Occasionally 53K.
>
> > Is there some way to see what speed you connected at
> > with eznet?
>
> cat /var/eznet/transcript.0 | grep CONNECT
>
> Cheers,
> Steven

Read net news (USENET) with Arachne: http://www.lieber.com.ar/nnews.zip
Sans Serif fonts for MS-DOS at: http://www.lieber.com.ar/novafont.zip
Configurable dialing menu for several DOS internet programs at:
http://www.lieber.com.ar/dial_ip.zip

Ing. Alejandro Lieber
Rosario Argentina