baslinux - Re: [BL] Reflections on the Switch-off problem.

  • From: "rvijay07" <rvijay07 AT myway.com>
  • To: keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org
  • Cc: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Reflections on the Switch-off problem.
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:15:39 -0500 (EST)

From: sindi keesan [mailto: keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org]

Most of my modems have dates either on the card itself (printed on front

Thanks fo all the info. you provided. I got a chance to try QNX today and it
worked very well on my PC. It also works out of one floppy (has a browser and
notepad). There is a QNX image on Ultimate Boot CD that I used. If one likes
later this Image can be copied on to a Floppy.

I am not going to be trying BL2, atleast not for now.

Inregards to your keyboard blinking problem, DSL and other mini distros are
really stripped down versions. I had the same problem. initrd or some other
detection gets skipped by some hardware, I have a very poor motherboard on
one system and this happens with DSL. I contacted the DSL author for support
and he responded saying that this can't be helped back then. I tried DSL 9.x
version later on the same PC and that failed as well. I suggest that you try
Vector Linux Live CD on that PC (It worked for me).

Vijay

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.