baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 burning audio CDs.

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 burning audio CDs.
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 00:33:35 +0000 (UTC)

I got a blank copy and I checked and it was not upside down.
Hal said I needed a '-' in there somewhere but that is not in the notes he sent me and it worked last time. Is it possible I was using a CD-ROM that was previously messed up? I got the same pages and pages of error messages trying to read the 'recorded' CD-ROM as I did trying to read it before recording it and I know we messed up one before (trying to copy 'on the fly' with Win98, a file larger than RAM).

This is a CD-R not RW. The burner is listed by linux as CD-RW but online it seems to be a CD-R 2x write 24x read. Were there 2X RW models? I have not burned CDs before except for one previous copy of SW71 installation disk on this same computer and I am using the same .raw file as before. (We also copied one data and one audio CD with Roxio in Windows).

How can I analyze a CD-ROM to learn what happened to it? I don't want to keep repeating my mistake.

Does the 'dummy' mode detect if the disk is not recordable?
Hal suggested switches -toc and -inq.