baslinux - Re: [BL] serial networking and telnet server

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] serial networking and telnet server
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 03:51:10 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, James Miller wrote:

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, sindi keesan wrote:

Can someone tell me which linux program I need to convert between tiff and
gif and jpeg? xv and zgv did not seem to do that. My DOS image viewer
pictview views and also converts. ImageMagick?

Try this online service:
http://wheel.compose.cs.mcu.edu:8001/cgi-bin/browse/objweb . Not sure,
but it may do what you need. Please report back if it does, or if I've
gotten the URL wrong (copy and paste wasn't working for some reason).
URL does not exist.
These were rather large files which I do not want to have to upload in order to convert. DOS pictview works fine but I thought linux would do it faster (since I have 128MB RAM which linux will recognize now, tho DOS will see only 64MB).

James