baslinux - Re: [BL] serial networking and telnet server

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] serial networking and telnet server
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:41:35 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, James Miller wrote:

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, sindi keesan wrote:

For DOS to linux telnet I need a packet driver.
I found two listed at www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost/dos, put together
by someone who uses DOS and linux, with many excellent links.

Ahhh. Our old friend Charles.

Yes, Charles. Small world.

I wrote the forum suggesting the author of this site take a look at
basiclinux. He listed a few other small linuxes in his links.

I kind of doubt we'll see him back. BL served as the inspiration (though
he might deny it) for his "Peephole" version of Win31, btw. He got a bit
bent out of shape over some dialer issues and the help he did/did not
receive in resolving them--and took the rest of the list with him. This
was when BL support was actually a part of the survpc discussion list. He
was doing some interesting experimentation with Oberon as well, but
eventually gave up on it.

His forum consists mostly of his own comments and there was no other way to contact him. I also commented that the two sites he suggested people telnet to to use lynx for free don't work for that any more (I gave him three that do - shell accounts) and mentioned that lynx for DOS is not as out of date as he thought.

James