baslinux - Re: [BL] serial networking and telnet server

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] serial networking and telnet server
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:39:55 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I have conquered the dumb terminal!

Well done. You have been very persistent.

I have not yet succeeded in file transfer

The way I do file transfer is to install lsz on
the main computer, login from the dumb terminal
and execute the following:
----------------------------
lsz name_of_file_to_transfer
----------------------------
Then my dumb terminal (commo) automatically displays
a download window (with progress indicator). Perhaps
kermit will do the same for you?

Kermit does kermit file transfer, not Zmodem, and I am hoping to upload from DOS to linux not vice versa. I will figure this out eventually.
Kermit does automatic downloads but when I logged in it apparently tried to transfer from the host computer to the host computer (root account) not to the DOS computer. I can also do a kermit transfer without logging in.
If I get telnet working over serial cable I can easily do file transfers with kermit (I think).

Sindi from BL3/microcom via BL2 via shell account.

I'm very pleased to hear that BL3 microcom is able
to work as a dumb terminal.

I was very surprised that it worked but the terminal emulation did not work well at my bbs in Pine. (Nettamer's VT100 is not very good either).