baslinux - Re: [BL] serial networking and telnet server

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] serial networking and telnet server
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:45:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, sindi keesan wrote:

> For DOS to linux telnet I need a packet driver.
> I found two listed at www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost/dos, put together
> by someone who uses DOS and linux, with many excellent links.

Ahhh. Our old friend Charles.

> I wrote the forum suggesting the author of this site take a look at
> basiclinux. He listed a few other small linuxes in his links.

I kind of doubt we'll see him back. BL served as the inspiration (though
he might deny it) for his "Peephole" version of Win31, btw. He got a bit
bent out of shape over some dialer issues and the help he did/did not
receive in resolving them--and took the rest of the list with him. This
was when BL support was actually a part of the survpc discussion list. He
was doing some interesting experimentation with Oberon as well, but
eventually gave up on it.

James