baslinux - Re: [BL] serial networking and telnet server

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] serial networking and telnet server
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:33:45 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I looked at commo and managed to dial the bbs with it
but have not figured out file transfer.

commo automatically detects file downloads. You simply
start the transfer at the other end (eg bbs) and commo
puts it in the download directory (which you specify
in the commo config).

But how would you use DOS commo to transfer a file from a DOS dumb terminal to a linux computer? I still have not figured that part out.

I am logged into the linux computer. Only one login
possible with DOS - can I log in from more than one
VT with linux?

You can put another dumb terminal on another serial port.
Good idea. We need to make another cable.
I suppose we could even add two more serial ports if we had the free ISA slots. My partner said that way two or more people could use the computer dialed in to a bbs and 'talk' to each other. (We are considering this as a way of testing out the talk program at our bbs, which is currently beta-testing new hardware and software. One phone line, one modem, one telnet connection on vt1/dumb terminal and another on vt2, two keyboards and two monitors).