baslinux - [BL] can you add glibc2 to BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] can you add glibc2 to BL3
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:11:07 +0000 (UTC)

Instead of trying to compile links2 and the later pppd for BL3, could I add glibc from SW71 to BL3 and use the BL3 versions instead, or at least until I learned more about compiling? I think there is a way to add the older library to BL2 using some slackware package, but is there some package for SW4.0 that will add the later library and still retain the older one for most programs that require it? I could eventually compile my own versions and then delete the later library, I hope.

I think links2 for SW71 (delilux) requires only glibc. Don't know about pppd. Or maybe also ld-linux.

links2 for BL3 won't work with my laptop computer (4-bit color) nor will Abiword, and pppd from BL3 does not work predictably on some of my modems, or at all on one of them.