baslinux - Re: CLI 'wordprocessing' with text editor, was Re: [BL] HTML editor for BL2

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: CLI 'wordprocessing' with text editor, was Re: [BL] HTML editor for BL2
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 08:42:41 +1000

Hi Sindi,

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 03:45:54 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> I found a website that says there is NO way to do a hard page break with
> HTML, which is designed for screen not paper.

That is correct.

So, why would you want an HTML file to have page breaks ?

> One could use a text editor combined with lynx or links to write HTML
> code, and then convert to ps to print or rtf to send elsewhere and add
> page breaks then.

Again, why ?

> html2ps (a perl 5 script), available also for DOS (is there a Perl for
> DOS?)

Yes, I have heard mention of it but know nothing about it.

> Netscape - converts HTML to ps so you can print web pages.
> Opera might do the same.

I use Phoenix for that. :)

> Sorry, this is not really related to HTML editors but to finding a small
> CLI wordprocessor that will run on old computers without 16-bit color.

FWIW, I also use PEDIT for DOS as a non-graphical text editor/
programming editor/word processor. Freeware.

But for Linux, what is wrong with the internal editor of MC ?
Then F3 to see the result (single font).

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke