baslinux - Re: CLI 'wordprocessing' with text editor, was Re: [BL] HTML editor for BL2

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: CLI 'wordprocessing' with text editor, was Re: [BL] HTML editor for BL2
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 04:34:10 +0000 (UTC)

I just found an RTF-Writer for perl 5.005, 56K source code, at a CPAN (comprehensive perl something or other) site, together with an RTF-Cookbook site which lists all the code .

page break is \page (hard page)
line break is \line (hard return)
\tab \par /ql (left justify)
etc.

I think I could handle writing RTF with a text editor that would do line wrap for me, then turn off line wrap and add the code. I hope mcedit can toggle line wrap easily. I could view with Abiword to find errors at the end. (Or convert to html to view with lynx or links).

There must be an rtftops for using to print bold/underline/italic.

The latest version of RTF-writer is 1.11 and this program has been around since about 1996 and needs perl 5.005. SW7.1 has a later version (5.6?). I will try to compile and then post it. Or at least report on the features.

Other people have tried writing their own RTF writers or generators and then found this one. 99% of it is overkill for me - dozens of fonts, etc.