baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 works with lynx-285-static.ssl

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 works with lynx-285-static.ssl
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:11:22 -0500 (EST)

I have posted the full package for BL2 at James' add-on site. I was unable
to get this working except offline with BL1 and kernel 2.2.16 and pppd-2.3
from SW3.5, but it works online (at least the basics, just tried it
briefly) with BL3 after I upgrade to pppd-2.3 from SW4.0. It seems even
faster than when run from BL2 hard disk installation. I have 32M RAM.

I have put the minimal files needed to run this with Bl3 in
http://www.iamjlamb.com/~keesan/html/bl3-lynx directory. No docs.

You might not need to write /html - that is my web directory.

wget does not seem to do * downloads but will get individual files from
here if you name them. wget http://www.iamjlamb.com/~keesan/bl3-lynx/lynx
etc.

The full package is /~keesan/lynx/lynx-285-static-ssl.tgz (maybe with
/html/ before /lynx/).

lynx (1.26m)
lynx.cfg (needs to be shortened and viewer changed to xli)
lynx.lss (for changing text attributes such as colors)
cert.pem.gz (optional trusted certificate file)
readme (my notes as to where you need to put these files)
pppd-2.3 from SW4.0 ppp.tgz (might be needed to make it work)

Let me know if this works for people and whether to make a mini package
with xli as the viewer and no downloaders other than links, or other
viewers, for Bl3.