baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 - download problem with linux files

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 - download problem with linux files
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 21:35:59 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> > You are the only person to mention a download problem.
>
> I may be the only one to try downloading SW40 packages or files for use
> with BL3 addons. Did you try downloading (with BL3.x) www.iamjlamb.com/
> ~keesan/libz.so.3.1.1 (61K)? I tried on both computers with BL3 (also
> microcom did not work on either one so it is not the hdparam reset
> problem). I tried 3 days in a row. From ftp sites, from my own website
> (http).

Just downloaded bl3-01.zip from the link Steven recently provided. I used
BL3.00 for this, and it worked normally: no hangs, interruptions or
aborting. I used both links and wget to test this, and both worked as
expected both times. Again, this is over an ethernet connection to the
'net. So, I cannot recreate any downloading problems with BL3.00.
Either it has something to do with the dialing and downloading/web
browsing interface, or is some other highly localized problem on a
particular setup.

James