baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 17:38:59 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> Might you rename it baslin3 to help keep track of which
> basiclinux is in the directory?

The C:\baslin directory is hard-wired into BL3. Changing it
would not be simple.

> Hopefully users won't be more likely to delete files from C:
> when in linux than they are when in DOS.

Hopefully. One advantage with BL1 and BL2 is that the HD is
protected from silly mistakes (unless, of course, the user
mounts the HD).

> > To mount a DOS floppy:
> > ---------
> > mount /fd
> > ---------
>
> Is this an alias

No. It is an entry in /etc/fstab.

> and will mount /dev/fd0 /fd also still work?

Yes, that should work, too. However, without the -t parameter,
it looks for an ext2 filesystem first and complains if it doesn't
find one. So, if the floppy is DOS, the long form should be::
mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /fd
I think it is much simpler to do: mount /fd

> Is it Tuesday there already?

Yes, Tuesday afternoon.