baslinux - Re: [BL] Sound in BL2

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT acepia.net.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Sound in BL2
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:10:57 +0000

Hi Sindi,

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 18:34:09 -0500 (EST)
Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com> wrote:

> > If you can get them to work in DOS, then use the same settings after
> > the -
> > insmod sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1(0) etc, and you should have no problems.
> >

> I have not opened the computer to see what the jumpers are set to on my
> SB16 Creative (not Vibra16).

Never mind the jumpers. Does it work in DOS ? If it does, then see what:
"set" returns in the BLASTER variable, and use those settings when insmod -ing
sb.o

> I booted with bare.i and did insmod 6 times including the above line and
> got four error messages:
>
> unresolved symbol: attach_uart401
> The other three also involved uart401, probe, unload, etc.
>
> Does this mean my irq or dma might be set wrong?

Probably.

> I will read the sound HOW-TO to see if there is some tool for determining
> how the jumpers are set. There was something about isapnptools.

That is a complicated way of doing what I wrote above. I did the same
thing
when I was trying to get the Vibra16 to work - it found the variable values
OK,
but it didn't help in that case.

This is a hardware matter, and what works with DOS will work with BL2 and
bare-i.

Regards,
Ron

--