baslinux - Re: [BL] Sound in BL2

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT acepia.net.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Sound in BL2
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:17:26 +0000

Hi Sindi,

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 23:37:48 -0500 (EST)
Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com> wrote:

> I don't understand how to get the bits to where they go. Can I unpack
> this .bin file like a tar.gz file somehow and decide to put the pieces in
> different places? And put realplayer on the path?

I have been putting all such downloads into /downloads (duh).
Then, using MC withMC-Menu, I have been extracting tar.gz's to subdirectory.
Looking at the subdirectory in one MC panel, I have been copying the files to
matching existing directories or making the directories where they don't
exist. I did not put REALPLAYER in the path, but I edited the icewm menu to
give the path to realplayer. And it worked, so I didn't try to mend it.

> What does segmentation fault mean?

I don't know. :(

> > There is a nice MP3 player called gqmpeg that you can find at:
>
> [web search?]

I hit the send button before I was finished. So I sent a second email
with the URLs.

> Realplayer would probably play midi and CD files so I would like to focus
> on that, plus maybe a CD player but we have drivers that let you play by
> just pushing a button if you don't mind going straight through the CD.

Realplayer will only play .ra, .ram. rm amd MP3 files. It will not play
MIDIs.

> > > Is there a linux cdplayer? I searched MANIFEST.gz for play and did not
> > > find one. cdplayer cdplyr not found
> >
> > Look for workbone. :)
>
> I will look.

I am sure it is in one of the SW7.1 packages, but it is also in JP's
sons.tgz.

Regards,
Ron

--