baslinux - Re: [BL] Sound in BL2

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Sound in BL2
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:31:09 -0500 (EST)

5.6M download - I got this .bin file a while ago and here are the
instructions for use:

Note: This Linux RealPlayer was tested under Red Hat Linux 6. Other
Linux 2.0, libc6, i386 Linux distributions should work but were
not thoroughly tested.
3. Once you've successfully completed the download, you will be ready
to install the RealPlayer. To do this, you must make the installer
executable and then run it:
+ Example:
chmod u+x rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2.bin
./rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2.bin

The above is what I got hold of, at the realplay 8 unix download site.
I have two other .bin files on my computer - dosemu and chartables for
opera. What do I try next after getting the segmentation fault? Did you
also download a .bin file? There was no choice of what to download. I do
have glibc6 and kernel 2.x. and I think sw71 is equivalent to redhat 6.

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Ron Clarke wrote:

> Hi Sindi,
>
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:48:47 -0500 (EST)
> Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com> wrote:
>
> > The realplayer file is not a tar.gz but a bin and there is nothing in
> > mcmenu about .bin files.
>
> What on earth did you get hold of ?
>
> Go to http://forms.real.com/real/player/unix/unix.html fill in the form
> and click on the "download player", then also get the updated codecs for
> the same.

It said something about Realplayer9 codecs for video. Do I need those to
do just the audio part?