baslinux - [BL] parallel cable transfer

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] parallel cable transfer
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:35:10 -0500 (EST)

This was probably already explained by Steven, but what exactly do we do
besides insmod plip.o.gz (after gunzipping) to transfer files between
linux computers?

Last time we used Kermit and a nullmodem cable but the cable is at another
address. We are impatient to get Opera 7 on the other computer, and also
Firebird, but don't want to do another long download, and besides it will
help if we transfer the entire contents of one computer to another (as a
compressed file) to do it parallel instead of serial - faster.

The Linux Doctor book did not give details, except on how to construct the
cable (we have two already) and how to compile the kernel for plip
support.