baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera 7 and glibc/cxx update work well

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera 7 and glibc/cxx update work well
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:58:49 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> > binutils
> > gcc
> > kernel-headers
> > make
>
> kernel-headers says it is needed to compile system
> software, which I presume means kernels.

Not just kernels.

> Would we want to use the sw81 compiler software to
> compile an SW71 kernel?

Yes, you can compile a 2.2.16 kernel with the compiler
in Slack81.

> Okay. If I change to an SW81 kernel am I now using SW81?

You can call it whatever you like. The Slackware distros
are simply a collection of packages (current at the time
they were assembled for the distro).

> Is there any other program we should try now that we have
> the new glbic?

I use Phoenix 0.5 (now called Firebird). I strongly
prefer it to Opera.

> This comptuer is our fastest, with 128M RAM and 500MHz cpu

Phoenix would perform very well on that machine.